*PLEASE NOTE: This is the scholarship for the SUMMER SCHOOL PLANNING and DESIGN WITH WATER. TU DELFT has other scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africa for students to attend our MASTER COURSES. You can get information about this scholarship HERE.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: APRIL 15 2018.
Please read carefully. This is the protocol for application for the Sub- Saharan Africa Scholarship for the Summer School Planning and Design with Water at the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment of the TU Delft, in the Netherlands.
You have to follow the instructions carefully in order to apply for the scholarship. If you fail to deliver one of the items requested, we will not be able to take your candidacy into account.
The scholarship includes
- A plane ticket between your country of origin and Amsterdam and back. The ticket will be organised and bought by TU Delft upon selection of the candidate and the granting of a Dutch visa.
- The fees for the SummerSchool (400 euros) will be waived.
- A small amount of pocket money, enough for food and transport during 20 days in the Netherlands.
- Accommodation during your stay (you might be housed with a TU Delft student during the period of the Summer School).
The scholarship does not include:
- The fee for the Dutch visa in your country
- Your health insurance (mandatory for students coming to the Netherlands. Please, ask us for instructions on how to get a health insurance).
- Any extra costs incurring from your stay (trips, transfers or other activities not included in the Summer School programme).
If you have any questions, please contact Roberto Rocco at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You need to write a 400 word letter of motivation*. In this letter, you need to explain:
- Who you are and what makes you special (Where were you born? What’s your personal story? Do you have hobbies? Do you practice sports? Are you talented in something? How do you do at school?)
- Why do you want to participate in the summer school?
- How will the summer school help your education and future professional life?
- What are the main challenges for your city in the 21st century?
- How do you see your own role in tackling those challenges? How do you see the role of spatial planners or designers in the future of our cities and in society? What’s the role of spatial planners, architects and other professionals in our world in turmoil?
* Don’t forget to include your full name, contact details, school you re attending and the name of your course at the top of the letter. Remember, we will also assess your level of proficiency in English through this letter, so it is important that your English is correct and clear.
- Add a short CV (one A4)
- Make a short movie (3 minutes max) of yourself saying hello and saying who you are and why you would like to participate in the Summer School (you can make a movie with your phone! If you don’t have a smart phone, maybe you can ask a friend to lend you one. If you can’t make the movie, please tell us. You will not be disqualified)
- You don’t need to add your architectural/design portfolio
- Put all your materials in a digital folder titled with your NAME+AFRICA (you can compress the files if they are too big), a short note explaining what the email is about, and send the file to Summer School BK TU Delft via the website https://wetransfer.com until APRIL 15 2018. Please write “SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA Scholarship” in the subject field. You will receive a notification.
- Fill in the form below carefully, and don’t forget to mark the option “Sub-Saharan African Scholarship”.
- If wetransfer.com doesn’t work in your country, please make a ZIP file and transfer it to the address above.
- The selection process will take approximately three weeks.You will be notified of the results approximately on APRIL 30 2018 by email.