The introduction video we ask you to prepare is a way for us to see who you are. It will not be judged on its technical qualities, but on your ability to communicate.
For this reason, we do not accept:
- “Silent videos” (videos in which you do not speak)
- “Faceless videos” (videos that do not show your face or where you face is hidden, for example when you are using sunglasses)
You can use a smart phone to make this video. Here are some tips on how to make a good video.
- We want to know who you are, so it is useful if you are relaxed and if you introduce yourself.
- Ask a friend to film you.
- Tell us about your passions.
- Tell us about the challenges in your city.
- Tell us why you think the Summer School will help your personal development and education.
- Make sure the sound is OK. If you record your video outdoors, make sure your voice can be heard clearly and that there are no disturbing noises nearby.
- Make sure your face is clearly visible! We really want to see you!
- Make sure you speak on the video: we need to hear your voice.
- You can follow the same logic as the MOTIVATION LETTER but keep in mind the film should be only 3 minutes long! DO NOT READ THE MOTIVATION LETTER ON THE VIDEO.
- Avoid reading. It sounds very artificial. Just be yourself.
- Click HERE to see a great example of introduction video from Cassiano Moroz, a student from Curitiba, Brazil.